Friday, June 4, 2010

A Boring Blabbering Blog Post - But At Least I Still Wrote One

Today is the last day of my current job. Testing is over, and with only one week of school left, it's all parties and celebrations, field days and awards, so I'm not really needed for tutoring anymore. I enjoyed the day and my time at this job these last several months (since November), and will miss working, but I also look forward to the summer. I'll go to the library probably 3x a week, go to the "free movies" 2x a week, and occasionally visit family and friends. We'll just stay at home the rest of the time and hang out. I HOPE to get a LITTLE more writing done, but we'll see.

As far as writing goes, the one thing I'm most looking forward to is studying picture books more thoroughly, not just reading them, but actually studying them. I know this is a short post and there's not much to offer in the way of advice, knowledge, or inspiration, but at least I still posted! And it is about my life (Fridays - On Life.) so I am making improvements. Over time, I hope to feel as though I have more to say. Some days we just feel dry, I guess. And when my creative juices are flowing, I get lots more ideas. Come to think of it, I did get another awesome idea for a picture book a couple days ago.

Perhaps I should put my kid-brains in gear and speak the kid-robot-lingo. Writing blogs - activate now! Boring life - disengage now!

One more thing. I got a lot done for my nonfiction series. It's gonna take a LOT of work. I'm still working on the proposal, but it's like there's a lot of prep work to do before I can actually write it. But I DID work on it for about an hour tonight.

See you Monday, and keep on keepin' on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...