Thursday, August 29, 2013

How Pet Peeves Make You a Better Writer

Apparently I don't like doing MUNDANE simple things over and over and over and over and over. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out my last post about my top three pet peeves. You can share yours too, in the comments.

How pet peeves can make you a better writer

It's a good thing I don't find writing mundane and simple, even though parts of typing can often seem that way when I'm trying to delete a single word and I have to repeatedly hit the delete button because my fingers keep missing.

Pet peeves can help you find a character flaw to add depth to your characters. If you have a repetitive-type pet peeve, then you'll understand that revision is something that needs to be repeated often. Sometimes over a long period of several years. And that's how pet peeves can make you a better writer. Making changes to create a better story, something that won't irk an editor of your adoring fans.

Things I LOVE!!!

  1. Revising a story over and over, sometimes for years, just to get it RIGHT! Very satisfying.
  2. A balmy summer's day with sunshine, a few clouds, and a gentle breeze - in the mid-70s. And a motorcycle ride to boot!
  3. Hugs and kisses from my children. That never gets old.
  4. Going to bed at the end of a long day.
  5. Sleeping in.
  6. Finding a coin on the sidewalk, in the couch, in the laundry. Collecting
  7. And blogger comments!
Apparently repetition was the theme for the last two days. 
What are some repetitive things YOU like and don't like?

Keep on keepin' on...

1 comment:

  1. Read that same favorite book to my granddaughter over and over.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...