Sunday, January 26, 2014

Writers Who Run: Starting It Up

It's a new year. Out with the old, in with the new. I haven't ran since Thanksgiving, until yesterday, kind of.

I haven't written anything new since...? Hmmm... That's an embarrassing fact to admit. I'm writing this blog post right now. Yesterday, I actually exercised and got my heart rate up. It felt GREAT!

How Writers Who Run got started | tips for writers | tips for runners

Here's the thing, I've always had this pull on my time. Not so much between work and family. But more between sleep, writing, and running. I only share this with you in case some of you may be suffering from the same challenge. If I get up early to run and stay up late to write, I don't get enough sleep.

Working a 40-hour week job, I absolutely must get enough sleep. Seven and a half hours is ideal, but I can occasionally get by on six hours. So, when I get enough sleep, then I feel like I only have enough time to run OR to write, but not both. It's this constant battle within me.

Anyone feel the same way about something else? Not enough to time to do BOTH of your passions? Writing and gardening, or writing and scrap booking?

So, I'm starting my own journey of drawing parallels between the two and hopefully they will help inspire us all to write more, run more, and do both better. In some small way, at least.

I will blog about my running and how it relates to writing on my new blog feature: Writers Who Run. There's also a YouTube channel now! Speaking of writers who run, just yesterday (2014) I started a Facebook group for us folk called Writers Who Run. We had 13 members join in less than 24 hours. Three years later (2017), there are 200+ members!

I am also planning have planned something awesomely HUGE for you fellow writers who also like to go for the occasional run. I am oh, so excited. Hope some of you will be just as excited as I am.

In the mean time, here are some of my older posts that include the tag "running." If you have the time, check them out. 
See you next week! And keep on keepin' on...

Up Next: Another Pot-O-Gold Award to give away...

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a runner, but I always look forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I COMPLETELY understand your struggle with time. It sounds like you are finding a balance, though! Good luck! I look forward to hearing more about your 2016 ambition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Rosi!

    Leslie, welcome! Yes, time is the ever-challenge beast I fight with. How to prioritize, etc. etc. You'll only be interested in this awesome 2016 event if you run. Maybe if you walk/hike. But definitely if you write. And it won't be a blogging challenge like what's coming up in February. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...