Monday, September 19, 2016

Motivation Monday

Yesterday in church, I listened to the speaker give a talk about how our youth are special and strong. They are important. I totally agree.

"The art of conversation lies in listening." ~Malcolm Forbes | inspirational quotes | quotes about conversation and listening | life quotes

My biggest takeaway relates not only to nurturing relationships to youth, whether they are your own children or not, but also relates to strengthening all relationships.

When you talk to people, you show you are interested in them. When you ask people a question about their lives, it shows you care about them.
"Even if you don't really care about the answer (or even the topic you asked about), you should still ask it." 
Especially if you don't really care, because it shows how much you care about that person.

Like when my son starts talking a little too much about Pokemon, or Pokemon Go! specifically. Or my daughter talks about LPS (Littlest Pet Shop) and how to make accessories for them, or whatever crazy cool thing she's doing that day. Or my husband's fascination with cars, tires, trucks, VW, motorcycles, Harley, racing, engines, etc. Most of it goes over my head.

Today, I vow to show more interest in the lives of those I care about. And that includes YOU, dear reader.

So, what are you up to? What are you into these days? Tell me! I really do want to hear all about it!

Keep on keepin' on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Share your thoughts below.

AddToAny

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...